12V DC Solenoid Electric Lock Tongue Cabinet Lock
Solenoids are essentially electromagnets: they are made of a large coil of copper wire with an armature (a slug of metal) in the center. When the coil is energized, the slug is drawn into the center of the coil. This enables the solenoid to pull from only one end.
This solenoid in particular is nice and strong, with a slanted cut slug and a good mounting bracket. It's essentially an electronic lock designed for a basic cabinet, safe, or door. Normally, the lock is engaged, so you can't open the door because the solenoid slug is in the way. It has no power in this state. When 9-12VDC is applied, the slug pulls in so that it does not protrude and the door can be opened.
The solenoids come with the slanted slug as shown.
- Material : Iron
- Color : Silver Tone
- Voltage & Current : DC12V 0.42A
- Stroke & Force : 6mm, 80g
- Action Type: Push Pull
- Energized Forms: Intermittent
- Lock Tongue Size: 6 x 5 x 10mm / 0.24 x 0.2 x 0.39 inch
- Body Size: 27 x 28 x 19mm / 1.06 x 1.1 x 0.75 inch
- Mounting Hole Size: 5 x 3mm / 0.2 x 0.1 2inch
- Mounting Hole Distance: 18 x 21mm / 0.71 x 0.83 inch
- 1 x 12V DC Solenoid Electric Lock Tongue Cabinet Lock